November Journaling Challenge: Day 6

origin_110922668

image by duncan

Welcome to the Day 6 of November Journaling Challenge. If you missed out on the earlier post, read the information about this challenge.

DAY 6 PROMPT – Alphabetized You

Use adjectives to alphabetise yourself….i.e. A = Angry, B = bold, C = Cute and so on.

Don’t feel shy about using good, powerful adjectives or bad ones. This is about acknowledging who you think you are.

Have fun :-)

For year-around journaling prompts, check out 365 Days of Journaling.

10 Responses to “November Journaling Challenge: Day 6”

1. Bakari November 6, 2013 at 18:31 # Reply

Nice one, Dolly. Was easier than I thought it would be. Discovered the word, “Xenacious” on Merriam Webster’s Word Central, which means “filled with yearning for change.” That’s me. Oddly can’t find the word in other dictionaries.

• Dolly Garland November 8, 2013 at 08:49 # Reply

That is a cool word. Xenacious. Though I am suspicious of its validity as a “proper” word as it’s not listed on Dictionary.com, and when I googled it, you don’t really find definitions.

I wonder if it was an individual who made it up on Word Central, or if it came from somewhere. Either way, it’s interesting.

• Bakari November 8, 2013 at 23:06 # Reply

Yeah, I doubled checked if an individual made it up, but I couldn’t verify. But anyway, it works for me. Who knows, if it’s used by more people it may become a legitimate word one day.

2. Annette Agnello November 7, 2013 at 03:09 # Reply

This prompt did not speak to me at all. Because of this I did my journaling today from a footnote from this morning’s Bible reading.

The quote from the footnote: “The body is a lifeless shell until God brings it alive with his “breath of life” When God removes his life-giving breath, our bodies once again returns to dust. Therefore our life and worth come from God’s Spirit.”

Don’t you love that quote? God brought us from lifelessness to a glorious existence.

You did say we did not have to stick to the prompts.

• Dolly Garland November 8, 2013 at 08:47 # Reply

Annette,

Of course! If the prompt doesn’t work for you at all,by all means skip it and journal about something else. The important thing is to journal.

3. Susan Godwin November 7, 2013 at 19:29 # Reply

I started out by writing the letters of the alphabet and throughout the day added descriptions of who I think I am/was and truly enjoying “a walk down memory lane.” As a child I was Overactive, Talkative, and Athletic. As a teen and young woman I was Insecure, Rebellious, and Pretty. Upon reaching adulthood, whenever that was, I was a Hippie, Compassionate, and Fearless. Today I retain some of these characteristics and include Unorganized, Generous, and Imaginitive as some of my adjectives. Thanks for this prompt as I am adding to it.

• Dolly Garland November 8, 2013 at 08:46 # Reply

Susan,

That’s an interesting way to use the prompt. very creative.

4. Rena Tucker November 7, 2013 at 23:57 # Reply

My initial thought is that I really don’t want to do it, which generally means that I really ought to do it. (LOL)

Here goes:

Artistic
    Brave
    Compassionate
    Damn good dancer
    Enthusiastic
    Friendly
    Good natured
    Humorous
    Intelligent
    Joyous (a lot of the time)
    Kind
    Loving
    Mindful
    Not particularly neat (when it comes to organization)
    Old enough to know better ;-)
    Polite
    Quite nice (most of the time)
    Rebellious (at times)
    Supportive
    Ticklish
    Unconventional
    Vacation-loving (I need a vacation now!)
    Writer
    Xtremely creative
    Young at heart
    Zero tolerance for rudeness

5. Marcelle April 14, 2014 at 10:30 # Reply

Day 6 – Alphabetized Me!!!

Well, thought today’s challenge was going to be a breeze. Little did I know. I have decided not to use all the letters of the alphabet, but just my name and how I would describe myself. I wrote my name down on a piece of paper and during the day added words as my mood changed and according to what people had either said to me or how I felt about myself at that particular moment. We never take a close look at ourselves because there are things that we don’t want to see, but writing them down is an eye-opener and makes you realize what you need to work on. I will now use this list, look at it each day and try and change the negative aspects of my life and my outlook on life. Start taking charge and making a difference.

M = Mother, maid, mentor, magician, mulish
    A = Affectionate, appreciative, anxious, assertive, apprehensive
    R = Romantic, rash , respectful, ruthless, reliable, realist
    C = Caring, considerate, ceaseless, compliant, confident, cynical
    E = Enthusiastic, exacting, enduring
    L = Loving, lazy, likeable, lonely, lost
    L = Loyal, lacking, listless
    E = Expectant, envious, exhausted

Now, round up the kids and get them to do the same. Maybe my teenage girls will find out some interesting things about themselves and about their mother.