The beginning is the most important part of the work.
It’s the first day of the New Year. I hope you are starting it with optimism and positivity. Whether your 2015 was a rousing success or a year you would rather forget, it’s a new day, a new year, a new beginning.
Yes, it’s not possible to have a blank slate, but that doesn’t prevent you from starting fresh. Instead of worrying about what you don’t have, or what you haven’t achieved, or what you can’t do, focus on where you can go from here, and what you can do now.
And one of the best things to do is to set yourself up for success from the beginning. As of today, be ready to make your 2016 a rousing success. Now let’s clarify: it doesn’t necessarily mean that you will suffer no failure or setbacks. It does not mean that you will get absolutely everything you want. It does not mean that you will not have to overcome challenges.
No – instead, success means that you will strive for the things you want, you will do your best, and on 31st December 2016, when you look back at your year, you will feel the satisfaction of having done your best, of having worked your ass off, and of having achievements (even if they are not exactly what you envision today) to show for it.
Yes, there are multiple steps to this, such as setting goals, taking action, not giving up when the going gets tough – but there is one single thing that can aid you in doing all of that.
There is one thing that you need to do today, to set yourself up for success for the rest of the year.
HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF
Here are 10 reasons why it is THE thing you need:
If you don’t have faith in yourself,
- Your goals will reflect it. Your goals will not be ambitious enough.
- You will approach your goals, believing you can’t do it.
- You will listen to the negative voice in your head that tells you you are wasting your time.
- You will focus on other people’s needs rather than your own.
- You will believe that it’s realistic to settle, and too unrealistic to have everything you want. You will therefore settle.
- You will believe you don’t deserve it.
- You will believe you are not clever enough, or beautiful enough, or strong enough, or lucky enough.
- You will continue to wallow in “What Ifs” without actually changing things in your life.
- You will get defensive and resentful.
- You will push away the people who are trying to / capable of helping you achieve your dreams.
All of these above reasons can be eliminated, either completely or partially, if you have faith in yourself. So start this new year with just that – Faith!
Believe in yourself.
Believe in your abilities.
Believe in your dreams.
You don’t need to be perfect. You don’t need to have all the skills and knowledge you need to achieve your dreams. You just need to be willing to work hard, and you need to be dedicated enough to not give up until you reach your desires. And throughout this journey, you need to keep believing that YOU CAN DO IT!
ACTION YOU CAN TAKE TODAY:
Grab your journal (come on, no procrastination. Start the year as you meant to go on), and scroll on a page, “I have faith in myself. I believe in myself.”
That’s it – and keep reminding yourself that as and when you need to.