image by alisonchristine
Home is where the heart is.
– Pliny the Elder
Home means different things to different people. For some people, it’s literally their childhood home. For others it’s a country. For some people, it’s a particular place that they feel at home, and for others it’s the people who make a home.
For today’s journaling exercise, do a free writing exercise about what home means to you. Here are some questions you can use as starting points.
- What do you think of when you think of home?
- Have you had multiple homes?
- What makes your home special?
- Do you associate negative feelings with it or positive feelings?
- Do you feel you have found your permanent home? Or are you still searching?
- If you are still searching for home, how are you going about it?
These questions are mere spring boards. Once you start writing, go wherever your thoughts take you. Dig deep into what home means to you, or what you want it to mean.
If you want, share your entries in the comments below.